Replication of a smoking instrument from the years around 1920, with case.
A fine way of smoking
Due to the extraordinary shape adapts your smoking and stuffing practice at the beginning. That´s the way you are able to enjoy this smoking ritual - even more comfortable than in the golden twenties.
1. Fill the front part very loose and stuff only the back part of the tobacco chamber. Do not stuff the front part too full, because when putting the pipe together the back part takes some space of the tobacco chamber.
2. After putting the pipe together light the tobacco through the hole of the aluminium cap.
3. Rotate the pipe when lighting and smoking, so the tobacco glows evenly.
4. Due to the authentic design the pipe has a relative low oxygen supply. By steady drawing on the pipe with no haste the tobacco stays lighted and the pipe will not become too hot.
5. Due the design the tobacco-filling can not be used to the last particles. Please do not try to light the small amount of tobacco left in the pipe.
6. If the front part of the pipe becomes too hot, put the pipe away and allow the pipe to cool down.
7. Replace the filter after each use, because on a second use the reducing power of the filter is limited.
8. Make sure that the air holes on the side are clean.
pipe details approx.
Tip number 1
A filter system for pure enjoyment.
Only available from VAUEN
Our “Conex System” ensures an airtight fir by lightly pressing on the mouthpiece.
The result: the smoke which enters your mouth is 100% filtered.
Tip number 2
Full enjoyment from the very beginning
VAUEN pipes don´t have to be slowly broken in over a long time because the wood is protected
by a special lining in the tobacco bowl.
Even by temperatures of 300 to 400°C, which occurs when lighting, cannot harm the pipe.
Tip number 3
Achieve natural beauty
To make a pipe even more beautiful, the grain of the pipe is taken into account during production.
There are two classic grain patterns:
the straight grain and the bird´s eye grain.
In order to achieve these, the raw briar blocks from which the pipe is created,
needs th be cut along the natural grain course.
Tip number 4
Sandblasting makes the most of the grain of the pipe
A pipe bowl which has a beautiful grain but with inherent imperfections is sandblasted.
In the process the softer parts of the surface are washed out the harder relief.
The advantages are, as with rusticated pipes, a greater ruggedness and a cooler smoking pleasure.
Die ganze Welt des Pfeifenrauchens
Mit der DVD Pfeifenmacher aus Leidenschaft seit 1848 entführt die Firma VAUEN Sie in die Welt des guten Geschmacks. Alle Pfeifenliebhaber und die, die es werden wollen, finden Informationen rund um das Thema Pfeifenrauchen. In stimmungsvollen Bildern erhalten Sie einen Einblick in die hohe Handwerkskunst der Pfeifenherstellung. VIDEO